Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Where my books are being used to help people heal

I speak at the annual benefit for Children of the
Immaculate Heart in San Diego, February 2018
This past week, I was delighted to see news pop up on the web concerning different places around the country where my books on healing from trauma and abuse are being used to help people.

In New York City, the archdiocesan website recommends my book My Peace I Give You: Healing Sexual Wounds with the Help of the Saints as a resource. New York joins a number of other dioceses around the country that recommend My Peace I Give You to survivors of sexual abuse, including Washington, DC, and Los Angeles.

And in Milwaukee, the School Sisters of St. Francis are sponsoring a March 7 Lenten retreat where Sister Mary Carroll, OSF, DMin, is drawing upon my books. Judging by the press release, it looks like I'll be in outstanding company:
According to Sister Mary, “At the retreat, we will view Jesus, the ‘wounded warrior,’ while examining the art of Andrei Rublev, Rembrandt van Rijn, Marc Chagall, and Salvador DalĂ­. Pope Francis points out that the face of Christ appears in the poor and the suffering.

“Yet, seeing with our spiritual eyes brings healing,” she continued. “We will draw on examples of this healing from Catholic authors Dawn Eden Goldstein and Caryll Houselander.”