Monday, November 23, 2020

All I've got to Gibb

I had a wonderful surprise this week when my old friend Chris Breetveld sent me some recordings I made with him back in 1991, including a searing take on the Barry Gibb composition "I Want Home." So I've created a Bandcamp page where they're posted along with an even earlier song I recorded with Joe Ward, an original called "You Did Me Wrong" that became a favorite of Steve Wynn's. Enjoy!

At left is the mock-up I made for the cover of my memoir Sunday Will Never Be the Same. My publisher and my chosen art director, Steve Stanley, didn't think it was right. Eventually Steve designed the beautiful image that became the cover. Still, I have a fondness for my own design. Maybe one day I'll write an alternate book to go with the alternate cover.