Thursday, September 8, 2022

New speaking dates announced for DC, OH, MD, and IL!

At left, I hold the Orbis Books Fall 2022 catalog featuring Father Ed.

I'm thrilled to announce that I have several speaking dates lined up to speak about my upcoming biography of Father Edward Dowling, SJ, Father Ed: The Story of Bill W.'s Spiritual Sponsor. Visit my "Upcoming Talks" page for information on my personal appearances, which will include talks in Washington, DC; Akron, Ohio (birthplace of Alcoholics Anonymous); Cleveland; and Cincinnati. I will also be speaking in January at St. Thomas' Episcopal Church in Owings Mills, Maryland, the home parish of the Rev. Sam Shoemaker, who was the first member of the clergy to support Bill W.'s work with alcoholics. And in March, I'll be delivering the annual St. John Henry Newman Lecture at the Hank Center for the Catholic Intellectual Heritage at Loyola University Chicago. 

New tour dates are being added as they come in, so check back regularly. If you would like to invite me to speak in your town, write to me: dawneden -at- gmail.com.