Monday, April 30, 2012

Meeting friends at "Mary's House"

Had a lovely time yesterday signing copies of My Peace I Give You: Healing Sexual Wounds with the Help of the Saints at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception (popularly known as "Mary's House"). That's me at center in the photo above, with friends Magdalen and Father Paul. I love Magdalen's expression because it captures her gift for bemusement (and it is a gift in a warm-hearted friend).

One of the great blessings of the National Shrine signing for me was meeting a layman who heard about My Peace I Give You from a chaplain of the Courage apostolate, which ministers to people who have same-sex attraction. I recommend Courage in the resource guide at the end of My Peace I Give You, and am honored to have the book recommended by one of the apostolate's spiritual advisers, because it does such important work to help men and women draw closer to the love of Christ.

I hope to spend the entire summer speaking to people in parishes, recovery groups, and apostolates such as Courage around the country. See this blog entry (scroll down to "Bring My Peace to your place") to learn how to bring me to your area, or just e-mail me.