Saturday, August 29, 2020

New translations of my books coming in France and Holland

I recently received the wonderful news that two of my books are being published in new foreign-language editions. In Holland, Betsaida plans to publish a Dutch translation of the Catholic edition of The Thrill of the Chaste, and in France, Éditions Pierre Téqui/Éditions Saint-Paul are set to publish a French translation of My Peace I Give You: Healing Sexual Wounds with the Help of the Saints.

Although these translations are in different countries, they have something in common with regard to their genesis. Each is coming about because a Catholic layman who appreciated a book of mine went to great effort to find a publisher to publish that work in his home country. In Holland, it was Rene Potman who found a publisher for The Thrill of the Chaste, and in France it was Étienne Vasdeboncoeur who found a publisher for My Peace I Give You. My gratitude goes out to both of them. I am really touched by their kindness and in awe of the goodness of God, that each of these men would independently be inspired to have my work published in his native language.

Once the pandemic is past, I am eager to embark upon a speaking tour of France and Holland, as well as other European countries where my books have been published (particularly Hungary, where I was slated to tour this summer).

On that note, I thought it would be fun to post an updated list of the different languages into which my books have been, or are about to be, published in translation:

  • The Thrill of the Chaste, first edition: Spanish, Chinese, Polish, and Slovak
  • The Thrill of the Chaste, Catholic edition: Dutch
  • My Peace I Give You: Spanish, Polish, Slovak, Italian, Hungarian, and French
  • Remembering God's Mercy: Spanish and Polish

  • I feel like I must be forgetting something, but those are all the translations I can think of. It is really amazing to see how many there are, especially of My Peace I Give You, which is now published in seven languages all together (including the original English).

    Only my most recent book, Sunday Will Never Be the Same, which is my memoir, has not been translated. I am still holding out hope that someone will make it into a movie.