Sunday, December 3, 2023

Listen to my Notre Dame talk on healing sexual wounds with the help of the saints

This evening I was going through some files on my computer when I found a recording of myself speaking at the 2013 Edith Stein Conference at the University of Notre Dame. The talk is based on my book My Peace I Give You: Healing Sexual Wounds with the Help of the Saints. It's different from my other talks on the topic, as I include an extended quotation from Edith Stein that is quite beautiful, so I thought I'd share it.

I'm sorry to say that Ave Maria Press recently took My Peace out of print after eleven years. Since the rights reverted to me, I've made it available in a replica edition on Kindle, and hope to have a self-published paperback reprint available soon in the US. (Amazon already has made my paperback reprint available elsewhere in the world, but for some reason the US sale page isn't working.) But what I'd really like is for an outside publisher to give me the opportunity to do a revised edition of it, adding stories of several newly beatified and canonized saints who suffered sexual abuse. Please pray for God's will for that intention.

In other news, as mentioned, you can now keep up with my research for my next Jesuit biography through my new Substack newsletter, Matters Twomey. Do take a look and subscribe if you'd like to read more.

Wishing you Advent blessings. I am currently reading Father Alfred Delp, S.J.'s Advent of the Heart, which is among the most beautiful and spiritually powerful books I have read in many years.*

*Purchases made through clicking on Amazon links on this page will earn me a commission that I will donate to the Hyperemesis Education & Research Foundation.