Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Join me for my webinar on Father Ed at the Spirituality and Recovery Conference

Signing copies of Father Ed after my talk at Sacred Heart Parish, Roslindale, MA, October 7, 2023.

I'm honored to be the leadoff speaker at the Ignatian Spirituality Project's online Spirituality and Recovery Conference on December 7 at 12:15 p.m. Eastern time. My talk, "Father Ed: The Story of Bill W.'s Spiritual Sponsor" (also the title of my latest book) will detail how Father Edward Dowling, SJ, located the principles of the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius Loyola within the Twelve Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous. I will also speak about the special bond that Dowling had with Bill W., a bond rooted in their common experiences of suffering and spiritual conversion. Registration for the conference is free; click here to sign up.