Wednesday, August 28, 2024

The next two weeks will determine whether I can write my next book

In my Kickstarter video, I explain why I want to tell Father Twomey's story. Watch on Kickstarter.

My Kickstarter for A Priest in Good Trouble, the biography I am writing of Martin Luther King Jr.'s Jesuit ally Father Louis J. Twomey, has now been running for twenty-four days, with sixteen days to go. It is currently just under 50 percent funded, which means that, unless a significant number of new people choose to back it, it will fail. Kickstarter is all or nothing, because it's about enabling creative people to complete projects, and I can only complete my Father Twomey biography if it's fully funded.

I am grateful to the fifty-eight backers thus far who have shown me that they agree that Father Twomey's story is worth telling. If you would like to see me continue my work as a biographer of Jesuits who are models for the priesthood and for pastoral engagement with the modern world, I hope you'll visit my Kickstarter, pray for its success, and support it if you are able. Thank you and God bless you.